EAGAR LOCAL BOARD FOR THE PUBLIC SAFETY PERSONNEL RETIREMENT SYSTEM IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A COMMITTEE MEMBER
The Town of Eagar has an opening on its Local Board for the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System. This is a volunteer citizen position and a good opportunity to serve your community. For background, the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS) Local Board is required by Arizona Revised Statutes § 38-847 for those entities with members in the PSPRS. The PSPRS Local Board meets at least two times per year and its members are appointed for four (4) year terms. The PSPRS Local Board responsibilities include the following:
- To decide eligibility and service credits, of its members, and determine the amount, and time of payment of any benefits under the system.
- To prescribe procedures to be followed by members in filing applications for benefits.
- To make determination as to the right of any member to a benefit.
- To distribute information explaining the system received from the fund manager.
- To receive and review the actuarial valuation of the system for its group of members, and review reports of the financial condition of the fund.
- To appoint medical boards as provided in ARS § 38-859.
- To sue and be sued to effectuate the duties and responsibilities set forth for the Local Boards.
If interested, you can apply by either filling out a one-page application or by submitting a letter of interest to Jessica Vaughan or by dropping off the application and/or letter of interest at the Eagar Town Hall, 22 West 2nd Street, Eagar, AZ. For more information you may call 928-333-4128 ext. 231.